Friday, 3 January 2014

MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquer - Funk

As you may know from some of my previous posts, I am a huge MUA fan - The products are great quality and amazing value. 
I hadn't tried anything from their Luxe line, slightly higher in price & posher packaging. So when I was in Superdrug the other day I thought I'd pick up one of their velvet lip lacquers in the colour funk. 



The packaging is really nice, it looks a lot more expensive than the £3.00 price tag. The shade I picked up is called Funk, it's a deep pink shade, this is the most neutral out of all the shades available, there are four other shades in the range, two reds, another pink & a purple. To be honest, I think this is the only shade I'd actually wear as the others looked a bit bright to me. 

It reminds me of the Rimmel apocolips, in the fact that it's a bit like a liquid lipstick, it's super pigmented and you only need the tiniest amount. Because it is so pigmented it is a little difficult to apply & if you make a mistake this can be a disaster as it pretty much doesn't budge once its dried. Once I applied this to my lips I blotted off the excess with a tissue and it went from being a lip gloss into a stain. It stayed put literally all day, it survived eating & drinking without hardly any change to the colour. 



Overall I'm really impressed with this lip gloss, the pigmentation is amazing and it doesn't budge. I had to use waterproof makeup remover to get it off!
If MUA came out with a few more neutral colours I'd definatley buy more, however the other colours in the range were too bright for me, but If you like bright lip colours then I'd really recommend them. 
Priced at £3.00 and available online here.

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous satin finish, I haven't been very impressed with MUA lip products so far but this I definitely want to try :o). Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really impressed by the staying power, well worth the money :) xxx

      Delete
  2. This is incredible, I love the look of this! I really like MUA, so glad they've brought out a more luxe line. Will definitely be checking this out, thanks x

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MUA are becoming one of my favourite brands, I really liked this gloss xx

      Delete
  3. I love the shade, the colour is beautiful :) thanks for the review

    hollydollybeautyblogger.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for your lovely comment, I wasn't sure about the other colours in the range but this one is really lovely. xx

      Delete
  4. Ohh what a gorgeous colour! Mua products are so lovely and it's amazing they're so affordable too! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am such an MUA fan, they are so amazing for the price! :) xxx

      Delete
  5. Hey I nominated you for the Liebster award on my blog, go have a look

    www.amyslifeofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile & I read each one, I will always try to reply - please leave links to your blog! xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...