Wednesday, 1 January 2014

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! 

(Source: freerangestock.com)
You may be wondering where I've been the last month, without meaning too my blog has taken a bit of a back seat this month - I'm currently working full time and also studying for an exam for work so things have been pretty hectic. I've sat myself down this afternoon and have got myself organised so I feel much better about revision, work and blogging and making sure I don't neglect anything! 

I'm not making new years resolutions as such this year, I'm trying to stick to three main goals rather than ban things or set myself targets that I can't meet, I thought this year I would focus on three things that would make me happier in general. Every time I have set specific resolutions I have failed within about a week (giving up chocolate completely - I'm looking at you!).

My Three main goals I want to work towards in 2014 are: 

To be healthier: I thought about cutting things like chocolate, coca cola, mcdonalds etc out completely but I know that if I ban myself from eating something it makes me want it even more. I usually go about a week without something and then cave and eat much more than i usually would in one go. I have decided that I am going to reduce the amount of naughty things I eat, but  not completely ban myself, sometimes a bar of galaxy is the only thing that will do! I just want to feel healthier, I know if I eat better my mood will improve. I'm also going to incorporate exercise into my weekly routine, I am a worrier and I find exercising is good for helping me to rationalise things that might be bothering me. 

To keep organised: I am naturally a pretty organised person but I can sometimes find that everything I have to do can become a little overwhelming. I have recently synced my personal planner with the calendar on my laptop and I found this keeps me focused on what I need to do. I'm going to aim to keep this up as I've found that it makes juggling a lot easier.

To step out of my comfort zone: This is the goal I set myself every year and it is the hardest for me. As I previously mentioned I have a tendency to over analyse things and as a result this can lead to worry & stress. I have always been this way, but in the past few years it has started to get worse. I don't want it to have control of me and this year my goal is to do things that I might have previously said no too. My ultimate goal this year is to drive down a motorway, I know that might sound silly, but it's the one thing I really really panic about. Anything else I do this year is a happy bonus.

I hope you all have a wonderful 2014 and it brings you everything you hope for!

What are your goals for the year? 

Rachel xx  

6 comments:

  1. Happy new year! Thank you for coming to see what I got for Christmas. Just visited you back and followed :D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you very much for following & leaving a nice comment! :) xxxx

      Delete
  2. Great post! I loved reading your new year's resolutions! I want to try to step out of my comfort zone too. Happy new year! :D

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I think if I can just push myself to do things that scare me it will make me worry less. Happy new year to you too! xx

      Delete
  3. Great blog post, Happy new year!

    hollydollybeautyblogger.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) Happy new year to you too! xx

      Delete

Your comments make me smile & I read each one, I will always try to reply - please leave links to your blog! xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...