Monday, 4 November 2013

October Favourites

Oh wow did October whirl by! I felt like I blinked and missed it! This month has been really good in terms of keeping busy - My boyfriend and I went on holiday, I went to Camden market and have just got back from visiting my Gran in Shropshire.

In terms of this months favourites I have found I have been re-discovering products that I hadn't used for a while, which has been nice as well as discovering a new gem!

My Beauty Favourites For this Month:

Zara White Eau de Toilette Roller ball (not online): I love crisp clean fresh scents and White from Zara is definitely that. I purchased this at the beginning of the summer on a whim and have been using it constantly since, the staying power isn't amazing but the scent is and I like the fact that as it's in a roller ball I can pop it in my handbag and touch up when needed. It's also super cheap at £4.99.
Percy & Reed Finishing Polish: £10. I think I got this tube for free in an issue of Glamour magazine a while back, I've been wearing my hair curly a lot more this month and I find this product is amazing for smoothing down my flyaways and adding a little bit of shine to my hair.
Bourjois Java Rice Powder: £9.99. I have already posted a review on this product in the last month (check it out here) and I cannot sing this little pot of wonders praises enough. It makes my skin look healthy, glowing and the packaging is beautiful - whats not to love?

Revlon Lip gloss in Crystal Lilac: £7.99. This gloss is such a lovely natural pink with a vein of lilac shimmer running through it. It looks natural on the lips and I find it is the perfect gloss to wear to work as it looks pretty and girly whilst still making me look professional.

Hand Maid Hand Cleansing Gel: £2.50. I used to work in a GP's surgery so I'm a bit of a germ-a-phobe these days. I can't stand the thought of getting sick and I always make sure I carry an anti bac gel with me wherever I am. I love this one by soap and glory as smells like their clean girls shower gel and not of that nasty alcohol smell you usually get with hand sanitisers. It's also non-sticky which is really good!

Onto my lifestyle favourites...

Amazon Kindle: £69. I got my beloved Kindle last Christmas and whilst I have been loving it ever since I first got it, I have found that it has become a much welcomed companion what with all the travelling I have been doing this month. I really like reading on my kindle as it's small & really light. It means I can take lots of books away with me on one device, rather than being weighed down by five or six heavy books when we went on holiday.

Scarf - Lettuce: (Not online). I bought this scarf a while ago in a national trust shop for £12. I love the colour and it goes well with a lot of my cosy jumpers. It's really soft too, I think this scarf will be good both now and as a lightweight option come spring time.

That's it for my October favourites, If you would like to see a seperate review on any of the products mentioned let me know in the comments below! What have been your essentials for October?

 

8 comments:

  1. Got to love the kindle. Makes journeys a hell of a lot lighter and more interesting. Great for someone like me who worries that they'll be stranded without a book! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree, I love it for taking on long journeys with me. xx

      Delete
  2. That lipgloss looks like such a pretty shade! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! it's a lovely natural colour for work xx

      Delete
  3. Great picks here and I never realised zara done perfumes x

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) neither did I until I saw this in the summer, you should check them out - they have a nice selection at good prices xx

      Delete
  4. I feel like october went by so fast as well.. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt like I blinked and missed it - at least it means Christmas is getting closer! :) xx

      Delete

Your comments make me smile & I read each one, I will always try to reply - please leave links to your blog! xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...