Thursday, 21 November 2013

November Birchbox

My monthly Birchbox came through my letterbox the other day and I thought I'd share with you guys what I got and what my initial impressions are.

I am going to start by saying that this months box wasn't my favourite, but I'm still really pleased with what I got in this months box. The theme for this month's box is November Icons. In my box I received:

Laura Mercier Body Butter (Full size £26) - I was really pleased to see another Laura Mercier product in this month's box. I'm really enjoying trying out the brand. The scent I received is Ambre Vanille, to be honest I'm not the hugest fan of vanilla smelling things but it looks like a lovely thick moisturiser so I am looking forward to seeing how this works on my dry winter skin.

Weleda Replenishing Oat Shampoo (Full size £8.95) - I have heard of Weleda but I've never tried anything from this brand. This shampoo smells lovely and it's said to smooth, reduce breakage and improve the suppleness of the hair. I have quite dry hair and breakage especially at the ends so this is a good product to try.

Chella Highlighter Pencil (Full Size £15.95) - This is a lovely matte pinky nude shade pencil. I have tried this out already and it brightens up the inner corners of my eye to help my eyes out on tired mornings. I think this will also be nice under the brow bone to add a subtle highlight. It's also really creamy which is always a good thing with a product like this.

Lila'lli Lip Collision - This was the product I was most excited to see in my box, it's a matte plum shade lipstick with a matching lip gloss to layer over the top. It gives a lovely intense colour to the lips. I will be interested to see how long wearing this lip colour is. It's a lovely shade for this time of the year too.

English Laundry Signature for Her Eau de Parfum (Full sized from £16.00) - this was the only thing I was a little disappointed with. I really don't like to received perfume samples in sample boxes, I never seem to get a perfume I like and unfortunately this was the case again with this one. It was far too sweet for my liking. However, if you like sweet perfumes then you may like this one - it contains notes of quince, jasmine petals & musk.

Lifestyle Extras - Pukka Selection of Teas (Full size £2.29) & Birchbox Pencil sharpener (Full Sized £3). I love how every month Birchbox gives you a few little lifestyle extras, if you are a regular reader of my blog you may know how much I love herbal teas so I was very excited to see tea in my box I got three cinnamon, Elderberry & Echinacea and Earl Grey flavours. I am looking forward to tasting these very much! The pencil sharpener was a lovely addition to the box, now I can sharpen my highlighter pencil when it needs it!

Overall I was really happy with this months box, like I said it's not my favourite box out of all of the ones I've had from Birchbox. The perfume let it down for me this month but other than that I am excited to try out all the products in the box and they are all products I would use.

What did you think of this months box? xx

 

4 comments:

  1. I got quite a different box to you this month! I loved my box and I love the look of yours too, which is why I love Birchbox as you're not looking at other people's and thinking they got a much better deal than me. I got eyelashes instead of your lipstick which I wouldn't have chosen for myself but sometimes nice to try something you wouldn't normally isn't it?

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea definatley! :) I love Birchbox for the variety of products they include every month and how every box has something new to discover xx

      Delete
  2. I like that Birchbox are really consistent, even though this isn't the best box, it's still not terrible and definitely still worth the money. The Laura Mercier body butter sounds really lovely!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not my favourite box ever but as you say it's got a good variety of products and good brands to try! I'm really looking forward to trying out the body butter :) xx

      Delete

Your comments make me smile & I read each one, I will always try to reply - please leave links to your blog! xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...