Thursday, 24 October 2013

We're All Going On A Autumn Holiday!

I have just returned from a lovely week away with my favourite man, I thought it'd be nice to share some of my holiday snaps with you all.

We went and stayed in the new forest/ Bournemouth area in a log cabin by the sea. It was lovely to get away from work and spend some quality time together. We savour this when we actually get to spend more than 2 days with each other, he lives 60 miles away from where I live and as a result we only see each other every other weekend. We have had to do the long distance relationship for almost 4 years now, whilst it is horrible in some ways, it has made our relationship stronger and I trust him unconditionally. Ok, so I may have gone off on a tangent there but what I was trying to say is that when we do get to spend a week togther we make the most of it.

One of the places I was most excited to go to was Monkey World in Wareham, if you haven't been and you are in the general area this place is a must see. They rescue and rehabilitate primates that have had a very bad start in life, some used as photgraphers props, others taken from their mothers when they were babies and sold on as pets in the illegal pet trade. It is a lovely place and the stories of what these animals have gone through were really moving, It's lovely to see them in a more natural, nurturing environment:


We decided to go crabbing one sunny afternoon (everything we caught we put back!)

Our next stop was for a cream tea and a dip in the (freezing!) sea:
 

My favourite place in the UK is shell bay, we paid a visit and had a lovely walk along the beach:

We also decided it woulldn't be right if we didn't take a trip into the new forest, we had a lovely walk (and may have got a bit lost - oops!) on the plus side we saw plenty of wildlife:

I hope you have enjoyed this post, now I am home I have a bit of post holiday blues so it's nice to look back on my pictures and feel almost as if I am back there again!

Rachie x

 

4 comments:

  1. It looked like you had an amazing time! You were braving than me for getting that crab. I love the little love hearts made from your hands!
    And I want a scone now, nom nom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment! We had such a great time, I was pretty scared of the crab haha - my boyfriend had to put him in the bucket xx

      Delete
  2. Oh wow such amazing photos! Hope you had a lovely time away :D xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) we did have a lovely time - I really want to be back there now though xx

      Delete

Your comments make me smile & I read each one, I will always try to reply - please leave links to your blog! xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...