Tuesday, 19 March 2013

Book of The Week... Safe Haven

This week's book of the week is Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks.





The Blurb:

Love hurts. There is nothing as painful as heartbreak. But in order to learn to love again you must learn to trust again.
When a mysterious young woman named Katie appears in the small town of Southport, her sudden arrival raises questions about her past. Beautiful yet unassuming, Katie is determined to avoid forming personal ties until a series of events draws her into two reluctant relationships.
Despite her reservations, Katie slowly begins to let down her guard, putting down roots in the close-knit community. But even as Katie starts to fall in love, she struggles with the dark secret that still haunts her . . .

My Thoughts:
I recently saw the trailer for the upcoming movie of this book and being the person that I am I had to read the book (I can't watch a film without reading the book first). 
I am a hopeless romantic at heart and the Author of the notebook has done it again for me, I loved the way the book introduces us to the main characters and you learn more about their back story as part of the plot. The chapters of the book switch between each characters own narrative, which helps you to piece together parts of the story. 
I found it gripping in parts and in places I could feel I was genuinely getting a bit scared, but it adds well to the suspense and the overall plot. 
One thing I will say about the ending was boy I did not see that coming - if you like twists then this book delivers a blinder! 
I can't wait to see the film now and I enjoyed this book so much I'm going to check out more of Nicholas Spark's work.

Rachie x

2 comments:

  1. great post.
    i watched this movie, definitely want to read a book;)X

    http://throughartrelatedtofashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :) I can't wait to see the film xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile & I read each one, I will always try to reply - please leave links to your blog! xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...