Monday, 25 March 2013

Benefit They're Real Mascara...

I had been saving my boots points for a while and fancied a little treat, so I recently picked up a mini sized Benefits they're real mascara as I have long wanted to try this mascara out but didn't want to shell out £18.00 for it. So at £9.50 (or 950 boots points) it seemed like a cheaper way to try out this mascara to see if it is worth the hype (and the pounds!). Available to buy here.

The packaging of the mini sized mascara is nice and simple, a plain silver tube with the writing on the front. It doesn't scream high end luxury to me but at the same time it doesn't look cheap - nice middle ground territory. 





It has a plastic wand, with a ball feature at the end of the wand, this is said to help catch all those little lashes at the corners of the eye. So what are my thoughts on this mascara? I'm kind of on the fence at the moment, to be totally honest it's not the best mascara I've ever tried (my holy grail mascara is Clinique's High length mascara. For a separate review of that click here.) I find it very wet, I personally like my mascara to be a little on the drier side, however it didn't smudge on application and left my lashes feeling soft and not caked in product. 




As you can see from the photos above this mascara definatley lengthens and volumises the lashes and it creates a nice fluttery day time look. I don't think I'd use this for night time as I like a more dramatic effect. For me this mascara just wasn't as volumising as I wanted it to be. I think for the daytime it's a lovely easy to wear mascara but for a more dramatic look I think I will stick to Clinique. 

What do you think of this mascara? What's your Holy Grail mascara?

Rachie x

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you posted this as everyone I see says its amazing, I've got very short sparse lashes so I dont think this would do alot for me as I also need the volume :)

    Jamie-Lee|Glitter Infatuation Beauty Blog! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wasn't as impressed with it as I hoped I would be... thank you for your lovely comment x

      Delete

Your comments make me smile & I read each one, I will always try to reply - please leave links to your blog! xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...