Monday, 18 February 2013

Revlon Colourstay Foundation


Revlon Clourstay Foundation 
Price: £12.49 

I have been on the hunt for a decent high street foundation for a while now & I think I may have just found the perfect one for me! As cheesy as that sounds, I seem to have a really hard time finding foundations that match my skin tone - I have olive undertones to my skin so naturally it has yellow undertones, I do also get redness around my nose and cheeks so I like a foundation to both cover the redness and to even out my skin tone  I picked this up at my local boots store and I was pleased to see that it comes in a variety of shades and that it comes in two formulations one for normal/dry skin and one for combination/oily skin types - from my experience I tend to get on best with foundations that are tailored for oily skin types so I picked this formulation and picked the shade 180 sand beige. It comes in a glass bottle but sadly doesn't contain a pump - a big bugbear for me as I find i end up using too much and then not being able to transfer the liquid back into the bottle. 



Below are two photos the  top one shows my skin without make-up and the bottom one shows what the foundation looks like when blended: 



It's a thick, high coverage foundation thats easily blendable and buildable. I like to apply this using my sigma flat topped kabuki brush as this helps to build up the level of coverage I like quickly and easily, I think it evens out my skin tone and as for staying power - this stuff is INCREDIBLE it literally doesn't move off my face at all - only problem is that it is a bit of a pain to take off in the evening - I have to double cleanse to make sure it is properly removed from my skin, because of this I only tend to wear this on my day off & at weekends as I find when I get home from work I'm just too tired to take it off properly!

The finish of this foundation is semi-matte, I find that if I apply too much it can look a little cakey (but this can be solved by applying a quick spritz of mac fix+). I like a matte finish but I have found that this foundation doesn't make my skin look lifeless like other matte finish foundations can. The one this I don't like about this
foundation is the smell - It's really weird, it's very chemically, this is something I have got used too and luckily I can't smell it when it's on my face but I think  this foundation could be so much better if it didn't have a weird smell. 

Overall I am in love with this foundation, although it is a little on the pricer side for a drugstore product & it would be better if it came with a pump. It is a great medium-high coverage foundation that evens out my skin tone and brings a bit of life back into my skin. 

What's your favourite Drugstore Foundation? 
Rachie xxx   

2 comments:

  1. Oooh this looks lush, I love a really thick foundation I will have to do a few swatches next time i'm in superdrug :)

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really impressed with it - I'd definatley recommend it :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile & I read each one, I will always try to reply - please leave links to your blog! xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...