Monday, 29 October 2012

Book of The Week... Celebrity Bride

This week's book of the week is....

Celebrity Bride

By Alison Kervin



The Blurb: 
It's the celebrity wedding of the season...
The news that Hollywood bad boy Rufus George is finally settling down has caused a media storm. Especially since his bride is a civilian - a nobody. 
Kelly Monsoon is just an average English girl. She never expected to meet a mega-star like Rufus let alone have him fall in love with her. It's like a fairytale come true.
Only this prince charming comes with a 12-person entourage, a bevy of beautiful ex-girlfriends and the worlds press camped on his doorstep. And now the small, intimate wedding Kelly always dreamed of is taking on Hollywood epic proportions... Will this new celebrity bride ever make it up the aisle? 

Price and Place:
RRP is 6.99 but I got my copy from the local library, you can aslo pick it up at a discount on amazon

My Thoughts:
I picked this book up on a whim because I liked the blurb and I'm fascinated by the world of 'celebrity' culture. I know this feature is called book of the week but I had finished this one in three days! It was just so easy to read and the characters were just so likeable that I found myself reading just one more chapter each night - that may be the reason for me getting up late (oops). 
I loved the main characters of Kelly and Rufus, although I have to say from the blurb you get a picture of Rufus as being a hard to handle Hollywood bad boy but Alison Kervin paints him as a really sweet genuine man and it was refreshing to read a book where the lead male character isn't a love rat. 
There are certain charachters in this book that I loathed to start with but ended up really feeling sorry for them as the book went on. Theres a good storyline to this book that has plenty of suprises although I was naughty and kept finding myself skipping through the book to see what happened next. 

In a Nutshell:
A sweet, girly read with a hidden dark side which, when coupled with characters that you can relate to and an insiders perspective on what it's like to be part of the 'celebrity' dog eat dog world made a book that I simply couldn't put down. 

Out of Ten?
8/10

What do you think of this book?

Lots of Love Till Next Time...
Rachel x




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile & I read each one, I will always try to reply - please leave links to your blog! xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...