Tuesday, 9 October 2012

Book of The Week... The Bridesmaid Pact

The Bridesmaid Pact:
Julia Williams

The Blurb:
All for one and one for all

As children, these four friends were inseparable. Vowing eternal friendship, they promised to be each others bridesmaids. But somehow, it all went wrong...

Caz's wild streak has tested her friendships to the limit, not least when she commits a terrible betrayal. Can she ever change her ways? 

Beth is desperate for a baby - but is an event from her past about to destroy her future?

Sarah is plagued by doubts that she made a big mistake. Will she find the courage to do the right thing?

Doris dreams of the ultimate Disney wedding and wants her friends back together for the most important day of her life. But the fairytale is not all that it seems... 

As the big day dawns, all eyes are on whether the ultimate act of friendship will be honoured and obeyed...

Price and Place:
RRP: 6.99 but I got mine from the local library, it is currently on offer in Tesco for 3.86. 

My Thoughts:
I picked this book up when browsing my local library, I liked the blurb and I imagined it to be a sickly sweet, girly read. One thing I was wrong about is that the book isn't quite as sweet and innocent as it looks, it has cute cover art, cute names for the characters and a cute theme of a Disney wedding however, what lies beneath the sickly sweet exterior is a more serious storyline. The book is based around four childhood friends who make a pact to be each others Bridesmaids, as the blurb explains things inevitably go wrong and for one reason or another they haven't managed to fufil the pact they made as children. This book deals with issues such as alcoholism, infidelity, infertility and debilitating illness  It definatley wasn't as light as I thought it would have been but I really enjoyed how you have such a lovely cute story and such serious issues running together alongside each other. The characters were likeable and I found myself feeling as if I was going through the highs and lows that life throws at us with them. It also shows the power of friendship and what having good friends around you can mean for you.

In a Nutshell:
I would reccomend this book if you like a bit of a girly read but also want a book with a bit of substance to it, I know it doesn't look like it but believe me appearances are defiantly deceiving. I'm now going to check out more books by Julia Williams. 

Has anyone else read this book? What did you think? 

Lots of Love Till Next Time..
Rachel x

1 comment:

  1. Cute blog! I'm your newest follower and I just nominated you for the Liebster Award for bloggers. Check out my post

    http://dashofglamm.blogspot.com/2012/10/liebster-award.html

    Happy blogging :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile & I read each one, I will always try to reply - please leave links to your blog! xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...