Sunday, 2 September 2012

Book of The Week...

The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic, Sophie Kinsella



The Blurb:

Meet Becky Bloomwood, an irresistible heroine with a big heart, big dreams and a teeny tiny weakness… Becky Bloomwood has a great flat, a fabulous wardrobe full of this season’s must-haves and a job telling other people how to manage their money. The only problem is, she can’t afford to live to high life any longer. The letters from the bank are getting harder to ignore, she tries cutting back, she tries making more money, she tries really hard, but nothing is working. Her only consolation is to treat herself to something - Just a little something…



Price & Place:

I rent most of my books from the local library so this didn’t cost me a penny! But you can buy it inexpensively on Amazon.


 


In a nutshell:
I’m not going to give any spoilers away just in case you haven’t read the book but I will let you guys know what I thought. Firstly, it’s an easy book to get into and it’s nice and easy to read, for me that’s a huge bonus as to be honest I really like a book I can just get lost and don’t have to think too much about - I can’t cope with overly complicated storylines as my brain can’t keep up! The characters are instantly likeable and I found I was wanting them to do the right thing and was willing them on as the book progressed - it’s typical chick lit at its best.



In a nutshell:

If you enjoy fashion, shopping and a bit of romance then this book is for you. With it’s uncomplicated (if a little predictable) storyline and likeable characters, it would make a nice holiday read. I’m now looking forward to reading the next book in the series to see where the story goes next.



What are your thoughts on this book?



Lots of Love Till Next Time…

Rachel x

3 comments:

  1. I loved the film and I've been meaning to read this for ages. Great review :) xo

    http://sleeplesswithsienna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I really really enjoyed this book! :) I can't wait to read the next in the series xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen the film but really must read the book. We should start a book club blog and assign a book a week to readers then meet back on a sunday night to discuss lol

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile & I read each one, I will always try to reply - please leave links to your blog! xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...