Monday, 24 September 2012

Book of The Week... The hunger Games

This weeks book of the week is:

The Hunger Games
By Suzanne Collins



The Blurb:
May the odd be ever in your favour.
Winning will make you famous. Losing means certain death.

In a dark vision of the near future, twelve boys and twelve girls are forced to appear in a live TV show called the hunger games. There is only one rule; kill or be killed. 

When sixteen year old Katniss Everdeen steps forward to take her sister's place in the games, she sees it as a death sentence. But Katniss has been close to death before. For her, survival is second nature.

Price and Place:
I got my copy for 3.89 from Tesco 

My Thoughts:
This week we are straying away from the usual chick-lit books I usually review, there has been so much hype surrounding this book I wanted to see for myself what it was all about. I haven't seen the film so I can't compare the two, but what I can say is that this book gripped me from start to finish and as cliched as it sounds, I literally could.not.put.it.down. 
It is set in a fantasy world based loosely on earth - it hints that this story takes place on earth but not as we know it at present, with the world being split into 12 different districts.  The book tells the fight for survival of Katniss and Peter (the two tributes from district twelve) in the barbaric hunger games -  basically a huge free-for-all battle where all but one must die. 
As always, I won't reveal too much of the plot as I don't want to spoil it for people who may not have read this book yet, but what I will say is that this book was simply amazing. The story is truely gripping, at times I felt fear and adrenaline going through me as Suzanne Collins' writing style is superb, the action scenes within the book feel so real. 

In a Nutshell:
I must admit I am a total wimp and I can't usually cope with any kind of blood and gore, but because this book is aimed at young adults I found this book to be thoroughly enjoyable and the story to be fast paced and exciting. I would highly reccomend this book, even if you don't normally read this type of book its written in a way that it's appealing to everyone.

What do you think of the Hunger Games?

Lots of Love Till Next Time...
Rachel x  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile & I read each one, I will always try to reply - please leave links to your blog! xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...