Thursday, 13 September 2012

Book of The Week... Fairytale of New York

This week my book of the week is Fairytale of New York By Miranda Dickinson. 


The Blurb:
Rosie Duncan's life couldn't be better. She has a flourishing floristry business on New York's Upper West Side and fantastic friends. Moving to Manhattan feels like the best decision she ever made even though at the time, it was her escape route from heartbreak.
Fir the past six years she has kept her heart under lock and key, despite the protests of her closest friends - Commitment phobic Ed, Unlucky in love Marnie and the one-woman tornado that is Celia.
Then a blossoming friendship with hot-shot Nate shakes Rosie's resolve at the same time as her brother arrives in the big apple, hiding a secret. 
A chance meeting brings Rosie face to face with her past, unraveling the mystery behind her arrival in New York. Rosie is forced to confront the questions she has long been trying to ignore, including will she get her very own happy-ever-after? 

Price and Place:
RRP of this book is 6.99 but I got mine for free from my local library, alternatively amazon also offers this book at a much cheaper price. 

My Thoughts:
Another girly chick-lit from me this week but I simply loved this book! I'm a real girly girl and I love reading anything about New York, this book was brilliant in the fact that it keeps you guessing what Rosie's secret is all the way through the book and the way Miranda Dickinson weaves the other characters around this secret is brilliant.  It's a fun, girly novel which actually made me feel sorrow when Rosie's big secret was finally revealed - Although before I found out her secret Rosie's character was starting to grate on me a little, I feel bad but I almost wanted to tell her to pull herself together! 
This is again like lasts weeks book an easy read but the intrigue of the big secret and what Rosie's brother James is up to will keep you coming back to find out more. 

In a Nutshell:
Another fantastic holiday read, with an interesting and well written storyline, If you enjoy romance and and a little bit of drama thrown in for good measure then this book is for you.

What are your thoughts on this book?

Lots of Love Till Next Time...
Rachel x

2 comments:

  1. Looks like this is a good book to read...
    and I'd like to read this in the winter.

    P.S. I'm following you back on GFC, by the way.
    Hope to see you again on my blog.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its such a nice book to read, and I agree with you about reading it in the winter time - it definatley has a magical quality to it! :) xx

      Delete

Your comments make me smile & I read each one, I will always try to reply - please leave links to your blog! xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...