Saturday, 29 January 2011

My Top Five... Lip Products

Today I thought I'd write about my top five lip products. I have only recently started wearing products on my lips and I love how a slick of colour can literally change the way you look. The top five I have chosen (from L-R in the picture above) are:

Benefit Duo Lipgloss in Who are You Wearing and Life on The A List
MUA lipstick in Shade 4
Carmex moisturising Lip-balm in cherry
Soap And Glory Sexy Mother Pucker in Perfect Peach
LancomeJuicy Tubes in 33 Pamplemousse


Below is a photo of what they look like when swatched on the hand:
From Bottom to top: MUA - SHADE 4, Sexy Mother Pucker -Perfect Peach, Benefit Duo Lipgloss - Life on the A List & Who are you wearing, Lancome Juicy Tubes - 33 Pamplemousse.

Now for the reviews...

I got the benefit lip gloss duo in a set for Christmas, so I'm not too sure on the price or place of purchase, The set contains three duo lipglosses with the Life on the A List and Who are you Wearing duo being my favourite, Life on the A list is a gorgeous like pink shimmery shade and Who are you wearing is a darker, deeper pink. They glide on easily and effortlessly and are not sticky. They don't last particularly long which is the only downside, However they are highly pigmented so give off a lovely colour on the lips.

I have wanted to try Lancome Juicy Tubes forever so I finally managed to save myself enough boots points to treat myself, they retail at around £14.30 and can be purchased on the boots website. I LOVE this lipgloss, it is my favourite out of all that I own, you can't see from the swatch but it is a lovely baby pink colour with hints of multi coloured shimmer - when applied to the lips it gives off a beautiful effect - and it smells of sherbet! :)

Carmex is my ultimate winter rescue remedy - I get really bad dry lips come winter time, I use this whenever my lips start to feel tight. It's really moisturising and smells of cherry. I got mine for around £2 in boots, but you can get it from most high street drugstores.

Soap and Glory is a favourite brand of mine - I love the quirky packaging and the smell of the products. Sexy Motherpucker is no exception, it has a lovely chocolate scent, which is good enough to eat! This lipgloss is a lip pumping product - when you apply this to the lips it leaves a subtle peach colour and you get a tingly sensation to you're lips. I am a huge fan of this product as it really does give you extra volume and makes your lips look fuller. It retails for £8.43 again I got mine in boots but it can also be purchased from asos for a little bit cheaper (£8.20)

The final product is a lipstick from superdrugs £1 makeup range Make Up Academy (MUA). I purchased this when I was feeling the pinch and needed a pick me up. For a £1 lipstick it's pretty impressive, delivering highly pigmented, rich glossy pink colour as well as a lovely bit of sparkle! It doesn't last too long and the sparkles do feel a bit gritty but for a lipstick that was only a £1 is was really impressed. It can be purchased from super drug stores.

I know today's post was a very long one (forgive me for the rambling) but I hoped you enjoyed it and I thought I'd share some of the products that I really love and enjoy using.
Have you tried any of the products mentioned?
What lip products can't you live without?
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts...

Lots of Love Till Next Time...
Rachel xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile & I read each one, I will always try to reply - please leave links to your blog! xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...